Sunday, 5 May 2013

Domino's and alcohol inks






Stamps and Materials Used:
 The eye is from the Stamscapes, Symmetry UM sheet 2 
 The cogs are from Nuts and Bolts PP77
I have also used several Alcohol Inks.


Hello again, today I have a few Dominoes to share with you. I have been wanting to try some domino art for a while and this is my first play.
 I have made a couple of pendants, a broach/pin and a key chain (well I have to do something manly ;) )
The first picture, I used some warm coloured alcohol inks and blended them together on the domino, when dry it was stamped with the eye stamp with archival ink
The 3rd and 5th pics are the same technique just using purple and blue shades of alcohol ink.They were then all given two coats of clear embossing powder to help protect the image. Finally the edge of the domino was
coloured black with a Copic pen.
The second pic was stamped with the cogs image over more natural tones of alcohol ink but given exactly the same treatment.
I glued the relevant fixings to each domino and done.
These were great fun to make and I think they would also make great embellishments for projects as well.

Thank you for taking the time to stop on by.
Mark xx    Speshink

9 comments:

petpan said...

Great project, love the colors
Wendy.

Jetske said...

They're beautiful! Good combination of colours, and the eye is perfect for domino-art!

butterfly said...

What fantastic altered dominos... fab, funky, and very COOL! Love the gears one, so delicious!
Alison x

Gerrina said...

Love the eye stamp and great idea! Think I´ve got to make one for my hear/pin... Groetjes, Gerrina

Redanne said...

Mark, these are fabulous, love the gorgeous colours and the eye is just amazing - great idea to use them for keyrings. Anne x

Ineke said...

Wauw good job Mark, nice idea.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great effects on these dominoes Mark! Lovely alterations

kind regards Alie :-)

Janny Jager 't Hooft said...

great these dominoes Mark,
great colors
greetings Janny

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous colours and designs Mark. Back to your blog to leave a comment too.
Juliaxx