Saturday, 25 May 2013

Steam Punkl ATC's




 Stamps used. Mannen 1

Hi, sorry for the late post today, bit of a cock up my end. Today I am sharing a couple of Steam Punk ATC's.The first one is an altered playing card, I used the movers and shapers cog die to cut out the little window, I then painted the atc with Decoart acrylic paints using their weathered wood product for the crackle finish.I stamped over the top with archival ink, the chap was stamped in black, the cog images were first inked up with sepia and then I swiped a little coffee over the top and then a little black before stamping, this give a little more depth to the colour for the image.I finished it of with a couple of coats of normal clear embossing powder.
The second ATC was first embossed using several colours heating and setting one before adding the next.I then gave it two coats of UTEE and then stamped the images all at once, letting it cool before lifting the stamps out. You can not quite see but you get a lovely ridged texture from the molten UTEE.
Thanks for stopping by, remember to come back tomorrow for more inspiration and ideas from the DT

9 comments:

Ineke said...

Nice ATC's. Like the colors.

Neil said...

Like the way the aperture has been cut. Looking great.

Redanne said...

Fantastic use of the playing card Mark, love the aperture and the 10 at the top and I do love cogs so the first one is right up my street - love it too.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love what you're doing with the playing cards. fab ATC's. xxD

butterfly said...

Very cool cogs and gears - especially love the coggy aperture revealing the club beneath... great ATCs, Mark!
Alison x

Jetske said...

The cog-window is a very good idea!

die amelie said...

Awesome ATCs, Mark!

Claudia x

Kyla said...

Thanks for the sneak peak on your blog.....couldn't resist popping by and seeing all the fabulous makes on this blog.

Kyla

Andrea C said...

Brilliant. You are a very talented man. :P