Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Dali Inspired Tag.




Products used:

Welcome, It's my turn to post again and today I am sharing my Dali tag.I just got my new stamps as was itching to get something made. I started by cutting my tag from mount board using the Tim Holtz tag die,The tag was coloured with Distress inks, I started with Chipped Sapphire blended into Peacock Feathers into Mustard Seed and finally Dried Marigold, once blended I gave it a good blast with the heat gun to heat set the ink. I then stamped the main Drawers Woman image with black archival ink, made a mask using some thin scrap paper and masked her of and used the check stamp for the bottom corner, some clear embossing powder was sprinkled over the checks , I also used clear embossing powder over the  Negative script Diamonds.The Old Boarder stamp was inked with a Light peach coloured archival ink to act more like a ghost image and the Dali signature was part stamped over the edge top and bottom with a red archival ink.I cut a second mask using the Diamond script image and cut out one of the diamonds so I could stamp the Dali Eye with black archival ink.The edge of the tag was given some distressing with some black soot and the whole tag was given a coat of Clear Embossing Powder. Using the powder over everything really brings out the richness of the inks and you can still feel the raised embossed areas over the Checks and Diamonds.To finish of I stained up a bit of crinkle ribbon with some blue Dylusions spray.
As always a great big thank you for stopping by it is always great to read your comments. Remember to head back tomorrow for a new make from our talented Design Team.
You can find more from me at Speshink.

7 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely stamping, gorgeous use of colours Mark

groetjes, Alie :-)

Corrie Herriman said...

Wow, this is great, love the colours.
Corrie

Ineke said...

Great tag, i love the Dali stamps. Must use them more often :)

butterfly said...

Wow - gorgeous glowing colours, and what an astounding image - you and these stamps are a perfect fit, Mark!
Alison x

Jetske said...

Great tag, good combination of images

Jetske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ally White Cat said...

I love the stamps and your tags are lovely ..so love the look..wonderful art,Thank you for sharing the awesome!
hugs
susan s