Monday, 3 June 2013

Futility Pen Holder








Products used:
The chap is from Mannen 1

 Welcome back, thanks for stopping by, today I have a Pen holder for you. I picked up the holder at the craft fair at Ally Pally earlier in the year from the MDF man. 
 It started out as plain mdf, I gave it a couple of coats of white Decoart acrylic paint and when dry it was given a light wash of Decoarts Quin Gold to give it an aged look. I stamped Wanhopige Man, who is available on his own as well as part of a great set, with Coffee Archival ink and sealed the whole pot with some matt medium.
 I have left some of the sides at each stage to show the differences between stages, The second pic is the finished version, I used Decoarts one step crackle medium and applied a thick coat and left it to do its thing, when dry I rubbed in some Raw Umber Acrylic Paint into the cracks to give a real antique look, sort of like an old ceramic tile.
 The third pic has just had a clear glaze painted over the top and the forth photo has been left at the sealed stage.
The last pic is a close up of the lip of the pot.
Thanks for stopping by. Remember to head back tomorrow for some more ideas from the DT x








11 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice pen holder, would do great as a Fathersday gift.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great result!

kind regards, Alie :-)

inkypinkycraft said...

Brilliant ...amazing crackle .x

monique said...

Love the crackle. And you used my fave stamp lol

Redanne said...

That stamp is superb Mark, I love how you showed us the various stages - the end result is fabulous. Anne x

butterfly said...

Brilliant use of this stamp again, and that crackle effect looks completely brilliant - properly antique - really fabulous make, Mark!
Alison x

Andrea C said...

Immense x

Ineke said...

A nice penholder on your desk.

Dianne said...

Woohoo I loved the image, and what you did to it is fabulous, love all the stages in the progress, the crackle is so beautiful, ooww it looks like an old relic. I love it, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

die amelie said...

Very cool, Mark!
Having such a penholder on my desk is what I call inspirational ;)

Hugs,
Claudia x

DonnaMundinger said...

Love the aged feel you've managed here, Mark. It really does look like tile. Fabulous! xxD