Tuesday, 4 June 2013

SKULL APPRECIATION DAY

Today is as the post title suggests, SKULL APPRECIATION DAY, you can find out more about this international event HERE.
This is my 3rd year of taking part in a massive blog hop organised by my friends Terra and Tori at SMEARED AND SMUDGED FORUM.
So I, blackdragon, with Jetske's permission have hijacked our DT blog for the day to celebrate the SKULL....... it can be any skull, human or animal, real or cartoon..... one things for sure, we all have one!
 I've altered a canvas shopping bag...... from a distance it looks as if it has big flowers on it, but these flowers are made up of skulls. 
 STAMPS USED
SKULL SW M11053 ( i used just one)
Below is a full list of the talented artists/designers taking part....... i hope you have a great time looking at all the unique and wonderful ways that the skull has been appreciated!
Terra
Tori
Laura
Kapree
Kristy
Sandy
Jacki
Rick St Dennis
Airless Chambers
Wendy
Julia
Susan
Lady Brayton
Black Dragon
Kay
Miko
Creepy Glowbug
Aletha
Ike
Miranda
Hazel
Monique
Shoni
Suzi
Leigh S-B Designs
DominoART
Alison
Donna M
Donna W
Jane
De Stempelwinkel (you are here)
Evil Edna
Jenn
Steph
Anna
Bombshell Stamps
Helen
Shell
Movie Magic Monthly Blog
Fiona
Serena
Little Black Kitten
Maureen
Karen
Milo
Teri



31 comments:

Insomniac's Attic said...

That's brilliant! I love how it looks all sweet and innocent from afar! :o)

Ineke said...

Wauw, this is great. What a nice bag.

Jetske said...

This is the best entry for the blog hop as far as I'm concerned! This is the most original way to use skulls in artwork that I have seen during the hop!

mark gould said...

Brilliant, Brilliant Brilliant, Now If I was to ever undertake the shopping ;) this is the bag I would want lol. totally love it, great use of the stamps and very original xx

Uniquely Yunikua said...

cool!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, I love this, BD! Of course the skulls, but I've got to check out those scrabble tile stamps. Soo cool! Fabulous design! xxD

Jacki Daniels said...

great project love the design so nice to be hopping with you

Teri said...

hee-hee. Dare you to go shopping IRL with that bag!! xx

Creepy Glowbugg said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The Minions may battle over this one, BD! Brilliant!

Rick St. Dennis said...

Beautiful project

Ally White Cat said...

This is stunning work. I love the bag and the images are exceptional.
susan s

Matney said...

Great bag and love that creative flower from far away, skull close up.

Laura B said...

Love! I want one!:)

monique said...

very pretty

Kristina said...

Oh wow, love the images you used, and your lay out of them for your terrific canvas bag! Great job!
Peace,
Kristy

Miranda said...

fantastic bag love the scrabble stamp set

Kim said...

I love this bag!! Wonderful creation!

Saskia said...

Brilliant!

~Lady B~ said...

Amazing altered tote bag! I love it!

Wendy said...

What a great bag...love the design. They do look like great big blooms but on closer inspection...spectacular skulls!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

hahaha BD, way to go hijacking in skully style my friend! your altered canvas bag is AWESOME!!!! love love love! happy SAD day!!!

Gerrina said...

Love the idea of using the bag! It´s a scarry one though... Groetjes, Gerrina

ScrappingBeauty said...

Fill this gorgeous bag with goodies. Who says shopping bags need to be boring? This one is heads above the rest!!! literally! love it!

riliska said...

Brilliant ... Lovely bag ..

maureenjscott said...

Awesome bag!! I want one!! Mo xxx

Jane said...

A awesome bag my friend I want one lol

Sandy said...

I absolutely love your bag - so fun and super cleaver idea!

ike said...

Eeeeeek !!! Total Girly Squeal.... this is just freakin' FABULOUS !!!! Well done BD
IKE xxxxxxxxx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Totally awesome bag - I would LOVE something like this! :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, what a great bag, Love it, Happy Hopping, Love Hazelxo

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs,
Julia