Friday, 19 July 2013

Holiday Tag



Materials Used:

Morning all, thanks for stopping by, Mark here.
With the start of the summer holidays and people jet setting off all over the place I thought I would share a quick French inspired tag.
I started with some glossy card stock and cut a tag using the Tim Holtz die, I stamped the Skull Tower image with Stazon ink This fits the Tim Holtz die really well and I wanted it to be the main focal point of the tag.
I wanted the back ground to be a take on the French flag, I used a Red and Blue alcohol ink, I added a drop at a time and then whilst the drop was still wet I blew through a straw to push the ink out to get the lovely run lines, I really like the red, looks like blood ;)
For embellishments I used the 'Create' light bulb, I am not sure who it is by as it was sent to me by my blog friend Suzanne, (thanks Suzanne)
The Journey tag is a charm, I cut the loop off and sanded back the Gold finish to the silver colour, both were glued down with pinflair glue.
The ribbon was coloured with some red and blue Dylusions sprays to fit in with the theme.
To finish the edge of the tag was swiped with some black archival ink on some foam pads.
As always a big thank you for stopping by and if you are off on your holls have a great time. Head back tomorrow for something new from our DT.





10 comments:

Saskia said...

Great idea to use the French flag colours!

ike said...

Ooooh !!! FABULOUS - this is amazing Mark :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

Jetske said...

Great tag! That "running-blood-effect" could turn out great for Halloween creations....
Hope this tag is not a symbol for the dangers of driving in France... LOL

Elly said...

The background looks awesome and the stamp is to die for. Very cool (:o)

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, wunderschön geworden. Klasse!

LG Carola

Redanne said...

Wow Mark, what a great background you created and the Eiffel tower looks amazing. Anne x

Ally White Cat said...

wonderful Tag Impressive. I am loving your art my friend.
hugs
susan s

butterfly said...

Wow - what a brilliant inky background for this stunning stamp.
Alison x

Dianne said...

Wow Mark this is brilliant the background is stunning, love the stamp, it's a gorgeous tag Mark thanks so much for sharing..

Julie Steed said...

Absolutely LOVE this!