Monday, 1 July 2013

July Calendar Kate Crane inspired.






Stamps Used:

Morning all, Mark here again and today I have my Kate Crane inspired Journal Calendar page for July, Now this is my first attempt and I had no idea what a Kate Crane calendar was so I needed to go have a look. Hopefully I have something that works ;)
I started by cutting a couple of pages from some mount board and then spraying them with Dylusion sprays, I used Yellow, Orange, Pink and a little Blue. Nothing quite says summer to me like the Dylusions series of products.
When the pages were dry I stamped the Mushrooms from the doodle parts set along the bottom, I cut a mask as well to allow me to over stamp and layer the images.
Along the top I added the tenticles. I heat set the ink and coloured the images with my copics using some bright colours, the white was added using a paint pen.
I used the Dots and Numbers from the Backgrounds sets and stamped randomly just to add some interest.The dots were stamped using a light archival ink.
I then cut 31 pieces of card to one inch square and gave them a spray with the Dylusions so they would match the page.I used a black copic just to edge the squares and to help them stand out from the page.
As you can see I need to add whats going on but my writting is horrible so I will spare you all from that ;) I did quickly add the numbers though.
The 'July' is from Tim Holtz Sticky letters thing.
To finish I edged the page with Black Soot Distress ink just to bring the colour in a little and the eyes were punched and eyelets added using my cropodile.
Thanks for stopping by, remember as always there will be a new post tomorrow from one of our awesome Dt members so hopefully you will be back x.



Vandaag start Mark officieel als vaste designer, en hij doet dat met een prachtige kalender. Ik hoop dat we nog lang van zijn creaties mogen genieten. Nogmaals een woord van dank aan Silke, die ons ook lange tijd heeft voorzien van leuke werkstukken. Zij verdwijnt dan wel uit het desingnteam, maar in oktober is ze weer terug als gastdesigner! :-)   De gastdesigner voor deze maand is Alie Hoogenboezem - de Vries. Alie heeft meer dan de voorgeschreven 8 werkstukken gemaakt, en daar mocht ik uit kiezen. Onmogelijke zaak, dus heb ik regelmatig twee kaarten tegelijk ingepland. Ik denk dat niemand dat erg zal vinden....
Geniet ervan, laat ook eens een commentaar achter, en misschien heb je wel zin om zelf ook een keer gastdesigner te zijn? Kijk dan op dit blog onder de tab Gastdesigner, daar kun je lezen wat er allemaal bij komt kijken. Voor dit jaar is alles volgepland, maar vanaf januari hebben we weer gastdesigners nodig!

Today Mark officially starts as a permanent designer, and he does that with a beautiful calendar. I hope we can enjoy his creations for a long time. Again a thank you to Silke, who has given us beautiful artwork for a long time. She will leave the designteam, but in October she will be back as guestdesigner! :-)   The guestdesigner for this month is Alie Hoogenboezem - de Vries. Alie has made more than the required 8 creations, and I could choose what I wanted to publish. Impossible, so I have planned two cards in one post  a couple of times. I think nobody will object to that.....
Enjoy her creations, leave a comment, and maybe you would like to be guestdesigner yourself some time? Take a look on this blog, click the tab Guestdesigner, there you can read what is expected of guestdesigners. For this year all months are taken, but from January on we will need new guestdesigners!

8 comments:

Jetske said...

Great calendar, Mark, and nice warm colours with a summer-feeling. We do need that! LOL
Let's hope your calendar is the forerunner of a warm and sunny summer!

Saskia said...

Great page, Mark. Love the mushrooms!

Dianne said...

Well Mark you started it off with a bang, all those colors gorgeous, you maybe new to this, could never tell that, its a stunning calendar page its soooo beautiful, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week..

Ineke said...

Very nice calendar page. I hope it will bring us the same warm weather as the colors you are using. That's summer!!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Congratulations Mark, becoming the new DT member of DSW! Enjoy :-)

Your calendar looks very bright and interesting with the nice stamping on it.

kind regards, Alie :-)

petpan said...

Great calendar love the colors.

butterfly said...

Wow - terrific colours, and the stamps are great... I love the toadstools!
Alison x

Julia S-W said...

Beautiful pages Mark with amazing colours and images - love it!
Juliax