Friday, 12 July 2013

Summer gifts. Key chains





Materials Used:

Hello again, Mark here with another post, Today I decided to make some keyrings, I used the Tim Holtz fragments Charms, that are ideal for this.
I started with some glossy card stock and used Decoart Glass Stains and mixed the colours together by applying them thickly to the cards stock and using a second sheet of card squished them together and moved them around a bit to mix the colours together.I used the other half of the paper HERE.
 I stamped the images I wanted onto the card with black Stazon ink, I chose fragments of images I really like from the stamp sets listed above rather than trying to fit a whole design in.
The card was stuck to the Fragments using Glossy Accents. I applied a generous layer of Glossy Accents to the card stock and then pushed the fragments down hard to push out any air bubbles.Once dry I cut round the fragments and then lightly sanded the paper back to leave tidy edges, I finished off by adding the key chains again from Tim Holtz and on some added some of Tims word sticks. I coloured one with alcohol inks blotting the ink onto a flet pad and dabbing the word tag.
You can get a similar effect using Alcohol Inks instead of Decoart Glass Stains but you get longer to work with swirling the colours using the Glass Stains and you get a little more depth when stamping first.
These are very easy to make and would make a great little gift, maybe something for all those teachers as it is the end of the term?
Thank you so much for stopping by, Its great having you here. Check back tomorrow for something new from one of our Talented DT members x




9 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful keyrings, they make great little gifts.

Jetske said...

Beautiful keychains, esp. the Dali-face one. Great gifts indeed.

petpan said...

Love the keychains. Wonderfull gift to get.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Love the variety that shows the possibiliets so well Mark.

Have a nice weekend, Alie

Ineke said...

Nice little gifts. Good job.

Redanne said...

What fantastic use of Tim's fragments Mark - great idea, one I must try! Thanks for the inspiration.

butterfly said...

Wow... this is definitely one to try! Great use of the Fragments (have some and have never opened them - so thank for the nudge!)... and those colours are so vivid and intense. Amazing images too...
Alison x

Janny Jager 't Hooft said...

Very beautiful keychains Mark,
Greetings Janny

Dianne said...

Loooooove the key fobs, I was waiting to see what you did with the other sheet,woohoo they turned out fantastic, fabulous gift, thanks for sharing..