Thursday, 25 July 2013

Time Travel ATC and An English Summer ATC



Materials used:

Morning all, thanks for stopping by, Mark here with my post, I am sharing a couple of ATC's today, the first is loosely based on the Hollidays with Travel being on the agenda, only this time it is Time Travel.
I made my ATC from mount board cut with the Tim Holtz die,I then stamped the gent with archival ink, I used Coffe on the stamp first and then gave a light swipe with black over the top to get the aged two tone look to the image.The ATC was coloured with some Paper Distress ink to give a more vintage feel, I left the chaps face clean.I then cut a mask of the chap and used it as I stamped with the diamonds and the cog, I used my Tim Holtz distress pens to add colour to the stamp, they are a great way to stamp with blended colours.I finaly stamped the words 'Time Travel' with black archival ink over the top.The edges were distressed with Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and the whole thing was given two coats of clear embossing powder.
The embellishments are a kind gift from a blog friend Suzanne who recently sent me a lovely little care package of goodies, not sure where they are from though.

The second ATC was made very quickly with and ATC blank I used to wipe up and mix some of Decoarts Glass Stains a little while back.
I thought the back ground would work with the umbrella man stamp and and the quote 'It Can't Rain All The Time' a quote from the movie The Crow and is also on the same set as the October Crow Alphabet.
This is a toung in cheek poke at the Summers in the UK, although we are having a LOT of sun and heat at the moment ;)
I finished this ATC by stamping the swirls to give the look of wind and by swiping the edges with black archival ink.

Thanks for stopping by I hope you are all enjoying the Summer. Check back tomorrow for something new from one of our DT. xxx



7 comments:

Andrea C said...

Always so classy. :)

Jetske said...

Great ATC's!
You are right, it can't rain all the time, you British will have to deal with sunshine and heat this summer! Hope you can cope with it! LOL

Ally White Cat said...

Nice art..love both of them. especially the one it can't rain all the time..lovely
susan s

Redanne said...

Fabulous ATCs Mark, you always do the most fantastic backgrounds and love what you did with Suzanne's gifts, she is such a generous lady! Anne x

butterfly said...

Both brilliant - I love the varicoloured harlequin pattern in the first one, and the glowing blue-greens of the rainy one - thankfully you're right about the weather too!
Alison x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, die sind beide sehr schön. Besonders das erste ATC gefällt mir sehr. Toll!

LG Carola

Dianne said...

WOW Mark, the first is way kool,the background with the harlequin is amazing, love the script and embellishments, the second, looooove the background is gorgeous and loooove that stamp, I for one looooove your rainy weather, it make me real happy. Thanks for sharing..