Friday, 9 August 2013

Ideas tag.



Materials used:

All three gents are from the Mannen  1 set

Morning all, thanks for stopping by, as always it is great to have you here. Im sharing a tag today using a new product for me, the Original Rust. Its a very quick way to get a vintage rusty look.
I die cut my tag from the time holtz die and ran it through a Tim Holtz embossing folder,it was then given a coat of Gesso, when dry I used Decoart inc acrylic paints. Once painted I sanded back a little on the raised areas to give a worn look and then used the Original Rust to add some age.
The Original Rust comes as a granule and the best way I can describe it, is like little pieces of rust coloured pastels. I just sprinkled some of the granules over the tag and used by finger to crush it and rub it into the tag, working it in quite well, When I had the finish I wanted I gave it a little wipe with a foam pad to remove any excess.At this point you should give it a quick seal but as I was going to use a layer of acetate over the top I did not bother ;)
The acetate was also cut with the Tim tag die and the images were stamped with black Stazon ink.The bottom image is a bigger stamp but I just masked off the bit of the stamp I did not want inked with some tape which was removed before stamping the image.
When the ink was dry I turned the acetate over and painted behind the images with Decoart inc Americana antique white, this really helps the images stand out from the back ground.
I added a chain with a key ring clip instead of ribbon as this is a manly tag ;)
the other adornments are from my stash of Tim Goodies, the word tag was given a coat of the antique white and when it was nearly dry I swiped back the surface to leave the paint in the words only.
The light bulb has been attached with the wire that has just been wrapped around the bottom of the tag. 
Sorry for the glare on the pic, I really hate photographing acetate.

Thank you for stopping by xx head back tomorrow to see what else our DT have come up with xx.


12 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

love this Mark. thank you for inspiring us again x

Croms' Cubby Hole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Croms' Cubby Hole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great background for these stamps Mark...great tag!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Ineke said...

Nice tag. And your explanetion is good. And the photograf is just fine.

whyducks said...

Great work Mark as always!

Redanne said...

Your tag is wonderful Mark and I love the addition of the light bulb - love this!

Jetske said...

Great tag! The paint behind the stamped images really makes them stand out. The rust is giving your background something special, that is emphasized by the acetate. And the embellisments are very well chosen to make it a real manly tag.

Saskia said...

Great idea to use acrylic paint at the other side.

inkypinkycraft said...

Another great make ! Hugstrace x

butterfly said...

This is brilliant, Mark - the embossed rusty background is SO cool!
Alison x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...superb Tag Mark, totally love that background, inspiring as always...Mel:)xx