Sunday, 13 October 2013

DAY #13 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN Diablo tag


Stamps Used:
The Guy is from the Mannen 1

Morning all, Mark here with a quick post for the 13th day of the 31 days of Halloween hosted by Smeared and Smudge. The full blog roll for this blog hop is in the side bar.

I have used a mixed media board by Tando-Creative and layered up several washes of Decoart Acrylic paint for the back ground.
I wanted some nice warm flame like colours with Halloween in mind and as some of you may know I love this stamp from the Mannen set, he puts me in mind of the Gustave Dore engravings that were made for Dante's Divine Comedy.
I stamped the Latin for Devil at the top using the October Crow Alphabet stamp set and coated the whole thing with Decoart's Satin Varnish.
I added the light bulb and painted the back with some bright Yellow to make it pop and the eyelet was added.
Remember to head to back tomorrow to see what else has been created by one of our DT.

16 comments:

Jetske said...

Great tag! You may be right about Gustave Dore, these images remind me about a page in the book where I found him, where he was placed in a landscape. I will mail it to you!

Ineke said...

Nice tag. Good job.

DogsMom said...

Very interesting.

DonnaMundinger said...

Whoa, Mark! Fairly disturbing. LOL Love the placement of the light bulb and it's so BIG! Eiyiyi! xxD

Steph said...

Gorgeous tag, I love the background and what a great image!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What an awesome tag, great background and love that light bulb!

Corrie Herriman said...

Great tag! Love it.
Corrie x

ldfdesign said...

Great tag! Love your background work! Great job!

Lyneen said...

WOW... what a statement... love your tag!!! I almost looks like it could be an engraving!










Wendy said...

Cool tag. Love that stamp and embellishment. Your aging and grunging is perfect!

Carla said...

Fabulous tag...love the image and the distressing.

Emily Thubbron said...

Great tag, Mark. I love the background wash. It's perfect for this image.

craftings said...

Great tag!!

maureenjscott said...

This is a gorgeous tag! love it! Mo x

petpan said...

Great tag. Love the background .

Matney said...

Mark, are you trying to get us all over to the dark side? Usted es el diablo? Love the man and the letters. Great Dante piece and love your colors.