Friday, 25 October 2013

DAY #25 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN....Halloween Pop Art?







Stamps Used:
Frog Skeleton from the Animal Skeleton Plate
The Spots stamp from Dyan Reaveley's Basic Backgrounds
And Lots of Stencils.

Welcome back, Mark it's day 25 of the 31 days of Halloween Blog hop hosted by Smeared and Smudged all the details can be found by following the link or looking in our side bar.
All month long we are in Halloween mode and I thought I would make something a little different, It's my take on a Halloween pop artish canvas.
This is a 6''x6'' box canvas. I started by applying some colour washes using Decoart acrylic Traditions paints.
I then stamped the Frog Skeleton with black acrylic paint and the spots with a grey  paint. when dry I went through my stash of stencils. The chevrons, alphabet and skull are from Andy Skinners range I'm not sure where the sun burst is from, one of my american friends sent it to me.
I have again used Decoart paints through the stencils and finished of by swiping the edge of the canvas with Archival ink and painting the the edges black. The whole surface was covered with Decoart's Satin Varnish.
Thanks for stopping by. Head back tomorrow to see what else our DT have come up with x













16 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice canvas!
You can find a sunburst stencil in the new range of Tim Holtz stencils, now for sale at www.De-Stempelwinkel.nl

Ineke said...

This is a nice way of approaching halloween. Nice canvas.

DogsMom said...

Now you are showcasing my era!
I can relate.
Love today's project.

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous canvas, Mark! I knew this was yours as soon as I popped by. Love it! xxD

Emily Thubbron said...

Great canvas. Love the pop of bright color.

Wio said...

This is groooovy :)

craftings said...

Great colourful background!!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Wicked cool canvas! Love the pop of colour and images!

maureenjscott said...

Awesome Canvas!! love the pop art feel, and the skellies on there - frogs! eurgh! lol Love it! mo x

Wendy said...

What an awesome canvas! Great pop art look! Great job Mark!

ldfdesign said...

Love how you channel your inner Andy Warhol! This is a marvelous canvas! Wonderful job!

Carla said...

So neat...love your style as always!

Saskia said...

Love the mix of styles!

Steph said...

Awesome Halloween pop art!

Lyneen said...

WOW.... love your canvas... lots of texture!!! This is a blast from the past!!!

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! Great stenciling...love the bright colours!