Tuesday, 29 October 2013

DAY #29 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN

Welcome to day #29 of the 31 days of Halloween hosted by
During this month long amazing event the full blog roll will be at the top of the side bar.
For all the info on how to win daily prizes and the HUGE grand prize please visit TERRA'S BLOG.
Today i have an altered mask to share with you.
Of cause its another purchase from one of our pound stores but it looks so much better now, and shall now reside all year round on a wall in my dining room.... along with lots of other rather 'strange' things.
 It started its life as an ultra shiny gold plastic mask.... after being sanded rigorously,
2x coats of gesso finally got rid of the bright gold!
I mixed up a fawny- tan-beige colour of acrylic paint and again used 2xcoats.
 I stamped loads, and i do mean loads of images onto tissue paper and tore them out.
 I mixed PVA glue with water and carefully applied all my images to the mask.
I allowed it to dry completely.... over night.... then coloured the images with promarkers.
 I also tried to shade the background a little with promarkers so that the tissue has all but disappeared.
I used another to coats of watered down PVA to seal in the colour.
Cheap and cheerful.... but quite effective.
SUPPLIES USED
MEMENTO INK  TUXEDO BLACK
STAMPS USED
VINY PUMPKINS G0802NS
FLYING BAT CP D110
RAVENFLY D0805NS
CROW CP D149
LG DANCING SKELETONS
GHOST from SPOOKY CEMETERY PLATE CP24
  GRAVE TIDINGS FO801NS
BONES EI J1247
LADY SKELLIE CP Q536
SKULL CP G275
SKELETON HANDS CP S564
SKELETON WITH CATS CP Q535
TOMBSTONES CP Q537
TWO SKULLS SW M11053 only one used
CAT,RAT and LITTLE WITCH from GOTHIC HALLOWEEN PLATE CP47
WEB AND SPIDER CP N387
TRIPLE MOON SYMBOL CP D170 only centre used

Thank you for stopping by today.... another Halloween make here tomorrow
on DAY #30
BDx

14 comments:

nichtniedlich said...

WOW, that's a gorgeous idea and realisation - a wonderful decorative project!
hugs serafeena

DonnaMundinger said...

I couldn't even tell what this was on your blog from the sneaky peeky. OMG! Again you leave me speechless! Amazing work. Can't image the countless hours it took but it is truly a masterpiece and worth every second. xxD

DogsMom said...

You have taken something that sounds cheesy and made it fascinating. I can see why it deserves to be out year round.
Your stamp placement is genius.
I love the symmetry and balance and your choice of colors is brilliant.

Emily Thubbron said...

Girl, you have taken my breath away. This is truly an amazing piece of art. It's beautiful. I love all the images you used and how you colored them. Man, I'm just in awe of your talent and your creative ideas.

Steph said...

Stunning! Love the combination of all the images and the colors. I can't believe that this started out as an ugly gold mask, you've turned it into something spectacular!

xfilekc said...

Awesome, it looks like china and the colours are great.
Beautiful project.

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness. This is fantastic. The arrangement of stamps and coloring is wonderful. So Cool!

Carla said...

wow...this is gorgeous...what a great remake....so much work went into this too..its fabulous!

Lyneen said...

WOW!!! FANTASTIC, FABULOUS, AMAZING! and any other word to describe it.... oh yes, SPECTACULAR! You did amazing work, you can't even see the lines from the tissue! I would hang this year round also!!!! Congrats on a most amazing work of art!

ldfdesign said...

Oh wow! Love lovely and amazing! This is wonderful! Love all the images you used. You can't even tell you used tissue paper, its so smooth.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

FANGTASTIC!!!!! That is the most amazing skull mask EVER! I want it!!!!

maureenjscott said...

Wow!! that's fabulous! love the details on there, its a bit scary!! Fab!! mo xxx

Gráinne said...

Absolutely breathtakingly awesome! What a piece of art ... I'd so love to see it irl. Marvelous. Suzanne x

Jetske said...

After reading all comments I can't add much more, just confirm that it's absolutely gorgeous! You have done a great job, you can't even see any tissue-lines in between the images! WOW!