Thursday, 3 October 2013

Little spell book

DAY #3 of the 31 days of Halloween.... 


Welcome to day #3 of the 31 days of Halloween hosted by
During this month long amazing event the full blog roll will be at the top of the side bar.
For all the info on how to win daily prizes and the HUGE grand prize please visit TERRA'S BLOG.















Stamps Used:
The chap with the eye patch is from Mannen 1
The barb wire and mesh are from Hardware Findings 1
The flying Guy is from the Steampunk 1 plate
The Skeletons are from the Halloween Plate 1
The Skulls are from the Skull Tower

Welcome to day 3 of the 31 days of Halloween, Mark here and I am sharing my little Steampunk/Halloween Spell book. This year I have been doing a class a month at my local craft store with Kathy Byrne, she has been showing us how to make lots of different books, creating flaps and pockets etc using different design papers. The covers for this one one has been made out of chip board and covered with papers from Graphic 45, Most of the papers are all from the same set.
These little books are great for a little bit of journalling, adding some photo's from a day out and adding some little tags.
I added a couple of tags to the pockest and kept it all simple.
I think my fave bit is the flying guy,I stamped him on to some thick clear plastic, it's the packaging from a Tim Holtz die.
He was stamped with stazon and I painted the back of the image with acrylic paint, I wanted him flying amongst the air balloons.
As you can see mine is already for photo's to be added and some little potion recipes ready for Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by. If you have time why not hop along to the other blogs taking part in this blog hop, there are even some prizes along the way, the details are all in the side bar.





31 comments:

ldfdesign said...

Oh wow! I love the vintage feel. Such great color combos through out the book! Fabulous job!

Ineke said...

Nice book Mark, must be fun to make it.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love it, Mark! the stamps you chose go so well with the Graphic 45 DP. xxD

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, wirklich ein tolles Büchlein.

LG Carola

Creepy Glowbugg said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Awesome book and that acetate insert is brilliant!

Matney said...

Lots of pages, pockets, and fold outs! Awesome book and love looking at all the images. Great way to use that DP and get lots of digi/rubber stamps in.

Emily Thubbron said...

This book is fabulous. I love the papers and details. You rocked this!

Jessica Baldwin said...

OMG that is stunning!!! The details are wonderful!

silvia said...

Super cool mini!!!

Redanne said...

Mark, your book is superb, I love those brilliant papers and the acetate insert is fantastic.

craftings said...

Love all the pages of your book!!

Kelli said...

Love this paper!!! Love this book!!!

Lyneen said...

I love this paper collection from Graphic 45. What a GREAAT book you created.... love all the pockets!

DogsMom said...

Stempunk Spells has to be among my 3 top favorite lines. I wish I had it all!

serafeena said...

that's an amazing project! wonderful colors and the stamp images are adorable - well done!
hugs serafeena

xfilekc said...

AWESOME, the book is so pretty and creative. I might be inspired to finish mine (after 31 Days of Halloween)

monique said...

fabulous book, love all the pockets

Sharon Sahl said...

Oh, I'd love to be taking that class with you - your projects are great!!

Kristina said...

Oh my gosh, this G45 book is so very awesome awesome awesome! Love how you made it fold out 3 times on some pages. You have done a beautiful job!

Peace,
Kristy

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

SPOOKTACULAR mini book, I love each and every page with all the pockets and flips and pull outs! Gimme, I want it LOL !!!! ;0)

ionabunny said...

Wow, love your book of spell. Fantatic

maureenjscott said...

Oh wow!!! I love your little book! I'm still stroking my Steampunk Spells papers.... cant bear to cut them yet!! lol Mo x

Wendy said...

OMG...this book is amazing. What a lot of work you have put into this Mark. Love all the surprise folds and pages! Fantastic artwork!

KC said...

OMG I love this lil book....oh I wish I could take a class on how to do books! what fun this is! I'll have to save this and try to make one too :)

Carla said...

Love this...I adore Graphic 45 and you showed it off so well!

Melodee Isaacs said...

Love this book!! And G45 Spells is one of my favs!! Wonderful book!!

Steph said...

WOWIE! I want to take that class, your book is so awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Saskia said...

Gorgeous book!

Jetske said...

Wonderful book! It must have taken a lot of time to make this!
The flying man is beautiful, good way to have him fly between the balloons.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous result Mark!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Mark, this is just so AWEsome. SO much loving work is obvious. I keep looking at my papers and wondering what to make with them - this is inspiring. xxx