Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Vintage Fashion Curio Canvas








Stamps Used:
All the stamps are from Steampunk Ladies

Morning all and thanks for stopping by, Mark here and today I am sharing a box canvas I made using the Melt Pot.
After the fun of the last post and with the melt pot still out I thought I would use wax this time, I don't use it a lot but I have a lot of fun when I do and always like the end result as it is a very forgiving medium.
I started by painting my canvas with Decoart Acrylic Paints and lightly swiping the surface with some Decoart Metallic Lustre's and then giving it a thin cover of wax, I have used clear wax for this canvas.
I added the paper scrap with the old writing on, this was actually some deli type paper that came as some clothing packaging, it already had an vintage colour and look.All the images were stamped onto tissue paper with black Stazon Ink and and applied to the canvas with wax.If you don't like where you have positioned something you can heat it up with the heat gun and re position it until you are happy, (see what I mean about forgiving?)
I used a Stencil in the top right corner and used Decoart paint through it.
I used a Die Cut Dress Form from Tim Holtz, painted it and glued it to the middle of a skeleton leaf and then glues that to the canvas.
I also added two of Tim Holt's dolls, these have been aged with acrylic paint.
Finally I painted the sides of the Canvas black.
As always a great big thanks for stopping by.
Head back tomorrow to see something new from our DT xx






10 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great stamping on this canvas Mark!

Jetske said...

This is a very beautiful canvas, great composition! Love it!

Ineke said...

Very nice Mark, i like the special things on the canvas, like the leaf. Good thinking.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fantastic creation - very inspiring.

Redanne said...

Your canvas is beautiful Mark, I love the way you aged those dolls and the dress form looks amazing. Anne x

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fabulous project!

Gráinne said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Love everything about it ... Never saw you doing anything with a sewing theme, it's gorgeous. Hugs, Suzanne xx

Bea said...

Prachtig Mark!!

petpan said...

Beautiful canvas, Mark.

Nan G said...

A beauty! Another way to try the bee's wax...cool. Thanks for the inspiration!