Monday, 23 December 2013

A Gelli Print Card For The Better Half x


Front


Back




Inside

Stamps Used:

Morning, Mark here, today I have a rare little make for you, A card ;)  I make very few cards but every now and then there is no escaping the need for a card to be made, I think the Gf might be a little glum if I left her out ;)
I started by getting my Gelli Plate out and creating my back grounds using Decoart Paints and several Stencils/Masks.
The card it's self has been made from two of Tando-Creative's mixed media boards which have been covered with sections of my Gelli prints.
I stamped the front cover with black Archival ink to keep things clean and simple and to break up the bright colours of the Gelli print.
Eyes were added with my cropodile and the two pieces were tied together with some leather thong.
I have also added some Ideology and a charm to the front cover and the tickets where held in place with some 7 gypsies paper clips.
The message part of the card was painted black and written on with a posca paint pen.
To make everything a little more durable the covers inside and out were covered with some decoart satin glaze. This also helped bring out the colours even more.

I hope you all have a fantastic Xmas Ill see you all in the new year x
remember to head back tomorrow and evrey day to see something new from our DT xx

6 comments:

Jetske said...

No doubt that your girlfriend will like this! Very beautiful, something that deserves a place where it can be seen every day!

Ineke said...

Nice gift. Bright colors, love it.

Redanne said...

Your card is absolutely stunning, a real keepsake. Hugs, Anne x

Saskia said...

Great card, very original design and love the gelli prints.

craftytrog said...

So beautiful & romantic! I bet Kelly loved it Mark!

Gráinne said...

Splendid! Lucky GF :-) Hugs, Suzanne xx