Tuesday, 24 December 2013

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHTS DOMINOS


I have a passion as you probably know by now for altering all most anything.
Boxes and childrens games being amongst my favourite things to give a new lease of life too.
This was a charity shop find... awooden box full of kiddies wooden dominos.
So we went from this...
 ....to this......
I used designer papers that i altered with distress paints to cover the box,and the reverse of the dominos.
I used designer paper to stamp onto..... a fairly pale coloured one with just faint details.
I coloured the images with promarkers and adhered to the dominos. The edges were painted with distress paints and glittered once stuck on the dominos.Some of the designs cover just one domino, some two, three or four. All are to give a friend inspiration and comfort when she feels lonely or sad.
Below are just 3 of the finished 'domino jigsaws' as i dont want to completely ruin the surprise.


SUPPLIES USED
TH DISTRESS PAINT....... PICKET FENCE  BROKEN CHINA  BUNDLED SAGE


MEMENTO INK ESPRESSO TRUFFLE
STAMPS USED....
I hope you have a happy relaxed Christmas eve... and I wish you a wonderful Christmas day tomorrow.
BDx

5 comments:

Jetske said...

What a wonderful gift! I hope this will help your friend, at least she does have a very good friend who cares about her.

Saskia said...

Wow, great gift!

mark gould said...

Love what you have done with the charity shop find bd. Beautiful images.x

Gráinne said...

This is so very beautiful and thoughtful, BD, love it! Great work and very lovely colors. Have a good time, hugs, Suzanne xx

Ineke said...

A wonderfull gift. I love the way you make things more beautiful, change childerens toys into grownup gifts.