Friday, 13 December 2013

Time for a christmas gift.

I just love altering stuff.....
making something cheap and tacky look special.
I took the clock to pieces, removed the glass & clockface,
sanded the plastic so the glue had a rough surface to stick to.
I found some old designer paper in my stash that was nice, neutral and quite vintage looking.
 I cut the pieces to size to fit all the sides, the clockface and photo appeture,
 then stamped all over using memento ink with a french text stamp.
I then adhered the paper to all the sides and front.....
sanded the edges for a really neat finish, then inked lightly.
 I made a new clockface,stamped, inked, numbers added with a metallic pen....
i also re-coloured the hands. 
In the photo side i stamped a lovely face, (coloured her lightly with promarkers..)key and text....
then made some roses out of the paper off cuts.
I think this clock looks so much nicer now.... hope you do too.
SUPPLIES USED
MEMENTO INK RICH COCOA
STAMPS ARE ALL FROM NON-SEQUITUR 'LOVE LETTERS'' PLATE.

8 comments:

Ineke said...

You realy made a dull clock very interesting. This is a very nice gift.

Jetske said...

I agree with Ineke, it looks much better now! From "Perfect timing" to "Perfect altering"!

petpan said...

Wow, this clock is very beautiful.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great alteration, it looks so much better now! :-)

mark gould said...

Wow BD, this is absolutely stunning. the shabby colours with your stamp choice are spot on x

Ria D said...

it, s a beauty

Saskia said...

I hardly recognize the old boring clock. Awesome alteration!

Bea said...

Very nice!