Thursday, 16 January 2014

come in ...

Hello everyone around blogland.
It's Suzanne again, sharing a doorhanger I made:
When I bought it it looked like this

so I first covered it with a fairly thin layer of modeling paste to fill in the grooves, when completely dry I gave it another layer with a little acrylic paint (teal on the front, a very little black on the back) and mixed it loosely to get some color and texture.
Then I stamped all the images onto soft tissue (my normal tissue paper shows the edges way too much) with StazOn black and decoupaged them onto the hanger.
For the front I cut letters with a Tim Holtz die, adhered them and outlined them with a black marker. I partly sponged some iridescent orange through a stencil to get the pattern. Then came a layer of glaze and some Inka gold turquoise on the raised parts as well as around the edges.
Perhaps you can see the shimmer a bit there:

The back:
On the back I used DecoArts two step crackle after applying a layer of gel medium to seal everything. Then I sponged Inka Gold graphite (mixed with a little bit of water) into the cracks. Of course this side says 'keep out' :-D
Do you want to have a guess which side will show at my door most often?
Some detail:
I hope you like it a bit.

Stamps I used:
the images I used on the 'come in' side are from plate 148: silhouettes - you can get almost all of them separately as well.

on the 'keep out' side:

other supplies:


Thank you so very much for stopping by ...

Hugs, Suzanne xx

7 comments:

Jetske said...

You have changed a dull doorhanger into a piece of art! I hope the Come in side will be shown most of the time, the Keep out side is very scary! LOL Nobody will try to disturb you when that side is showing!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Loll Suzanne...a very clear message :-))

Carmen said...

Oh this made me laugh. I reckon I know what side will be showing most - the same that would be showing on my door! :D This is such a cool hanger Suzanne. Love it!

Redanne said...

I agree with Carmen, above, mine would have the same side out most of the time too.....love your hanger - both sides! Hugs, Anne x

Saskia said...

I love the two totally different styles combined here! Great doorhanger.

butterfly said...

Such a cool make... the crackle over the skulls looks so great!
Alison x

Ineke said...

You made a great door hanger. Nice colors. The back is funny, you don't want to enter anyway if this is on.