Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Grungy Tag.



Stuff Used:
Wanhopige Man SW R11018
Chicken Wire and Barb Wire Are From Hardware Findings 1 PlateSW 159
Acrylic Paint

Morning all. Thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I am sharing a Tag with you today.This is actually a sneak peek for my tag for a challenge starting tomorrow over at Tag Along where I have been asked to be the guest host for the week.
The theme is Favourite Technique.
To start I cut two tags from mount board using the Tim Holtz die and one from Acetate.
I have used several of my fave techniques on this tag, starting with the back ground I have used Decoart's  one step crackle over an embossed tag, Painted and then colour washed with Decoart's acrylic paints, If you have stopped by before I'm sure you will have noticed I do love a bit of crackle and a colour wash ;)
That's the base layer covered, The second mount board tag was run through the fleur de lis on the edge die and embossed, then painted to look a little rustyish, Another fave finish ;)
For the acetate I stamped the man with Stazon ink and painted the back with a buff acrylic paint, II then stamped the back of the acetate with the barb wire and chicken wire stamps so they would appear behind the man.I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape and coloured it with distress inks.
The little word tag was added and the eyelet at the top to hold all the pieces together.
Thanks for stopping by, maybe some of you will join in the challenge starting tomorrow? If not head back here and see something new from our DT xxx




9 comments:

Neil said...

Wonderful finishes Mark. Yep, definitely your favourite techniques ! Love the way you've tied everything together. One of my favourite images too.

Jetske said...

A great tag, I love it when all your favourite techniques and your favourite stamp come together!
Especially stamping on acetate and colouring the back looks great!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Impressive tag with great details Mark

whyducks said...

Fab Mark

Ineke said...

A very masculine tag. Great technique

Gráinne said...

Mark, I wish I had your imagination ... this is mind blowing. Are you sure you don't want to do an online ws or some such? Or at least some youtube vids? :-)
I so love this! Suzanne xx

Saskia said...

I really like the acetate used to create all those layers.

Candy C said...

Mark...you've done it again with a brilliant and very artful tag! Love it! <3 Candy

Bea said...

super!