Wednesday, 22 January 2014

no fish today ...

Hello bloggers, crafters, and visitors all around blogland.
This is Suzanne again. Today I have kind of a 'strange' project.
I so wanted to use this gorgeous fish skeleton and a slide mailer - and it got out of hand in the process, sorry.

Supplies
stamps:

others:


At first I covered the slide mailer with a coat of gesso.
For the background I used different shades of blue acrylic paint and tried to blend them together then I stamped Leonardo's reversed writing. I tried to create some coral looking pattern by using a tree stencil and sponging through with orange and a bit of green acrylic paint. At last I stamped the fish's head and added a coat of matte medium to seal the surface.
The skeleton was stamped on some tea dyed paper with StazOn timber brown and adhered onto the glass. To finish the inside I sponged the edges with the brown ink pad.

For the front I used some green and brown acrylic paint and a few chipboard letters, painted red.

And finally I did the backside with shades of blue, green and a little brown and a technique taught by Andy Skinner in one of his stunning online ws.

Thanks so much for having a look anyway :-)

Hugs, Suzanne x


5 comments:

Jetske said...

Don't know what got out of hand, I think it's looking great. I just can't find the nuclear symbols, but I do get the message!

Win Dinn said...

You so make me smile, Suzanne! That's definitely the way to get out of hand - looks WAY fun!

Tina henderson said...

oh wow.. the textures and colours just amazing and so inspiring :)

Ineke said...

Very nice done. love this project.

Saskia said...

Great project, I love the technique on the backside!