Thursday, 23 January 2014

Pillow Box.



Top


Bottom


Items Used:
The Maple Leaf and Fern Are From Foliage CP05
Archival Ink Black and Coffee
Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz Pillow Box Die

Morning all and as always a big thanks for stopping by. Mark here and I'm still playing with paint on paper but wanted to try a different colour combo.
This time I have used Tim Holtz's Pillow Box Die and cut the design out of 300gsm card.
As with the Match Book I coated both sides with Decoart's faux finish to seal the the paper, this will help stop the paper curling and getting wet making it easier to work with paint and washes.
I coloured the card with 3 different  Decoart Americana Greens watering them down first and mixing them together to get a nice soft blended finish.(i'm still playing at making my paint look like distress inks)
When the paint was dry I stamped the Maple leaf with coffee archival ink randomly, I did help the ink drying along with my heat gun as I find some coloured archival inks bleed when applied over paint, I then stamped the fern with black and sealed the whole piece with Decoart's Satin glaze.
The box was then glued together and the ends folded down, a suede lace was tied around with the leaf charm tied in.
These little boxes are perfect for putting your Atc's in for swaps or gifting gift cards etc.
Thanks again for stopping by. Head back tomorrow to see something new from our DT. 
xxx






10 comments:

Neil said...

Fun project! When I first look I thought you'd used Distress ink. Should have known better! Love the subtle colouring you've achieved with the paint.

Jetske said...

WOW again! Great colouring, you are a real master with this paint. The leaves and ferns are stamped in a perfect combination of colours. I love the way you "dressed up" this box, it's great for small gifts!

whyducks said...

Lovely my clever arty friend.

Claudine Criner said...

So beautiful, loving what you made Mark

Redanne said...

Ah, so the background is paint - I love the colour and the stamping over the paint looks wonderful. Anne x

Tina henderson said...

fantastic creation, love the rich colour tones :)

butterfly said...

Love this, Mark - fabulous stamping, and the leaf skeleton is a cool finishing touch.
Alison x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous Mark

Susan Salyer said...

very inspiring beautiful nature project..I love it.
susan s

Saskia said...

Gorgeous background!