Wednesday, 8 January 2014

RUBBISH...AGAIN.

Well here i am again sharing another idea using rubbish....
not the nasty used tea-bag type rubbish, but lovely craft friendly type rubbish.
Bet you all used the rolls of wrapping paper at Christmas...right?
Some have a tube in the centre but some just have large sheets of thick Kraft type paper....
thats what i've used for this project, as well as some thick cardboard.
 Cut paper to size required.... i do mine in pairs and stitch down the centre fold.
For this journal i made 4x 2 pages.... and stitched the stack of 4 to the spine of the piece of thick card i'd cut to size and scored as the cover.
 I used a piece of old 12x12 DP to cover the outside of the journal and more of my rubbish kraft paper on the inside of the covers to neaten everything up.... i am a devil for neat edges :) I made flaps both front and back so that i can slip notes and stuff inside.
 I stamped the 'eyes', light bulb and key directly onto my cover....
the scrabble letters were stamped onto a few left over labels, cut out and stuck on.
I kept the colours very muted... stamping in 3 shades of brown instead of my usual blacks and greys.
 Well thats about it.... more rubbish recycled and reused.
SUPPLIES USED....
ADIRONDACK  INK    EXPRESSO
STAZON INK   SADDLE BROWN
                          TIMBER BROWN

STAMPS USED....
ALFABET SCRABBLE SW38  USED ALL 3 DIFFERENT SIZES.
TWO LIGHT BULBS SW R12087 ONLY SMALLER ONE USED.
LOCK AND KEY SW N12093 ONLY KEY USED
Thanks for stopping by BDx
                     

7 comments:

Jetske said...

I wouldn't call this journal rubbish anymore! I hope it will fill with great ideas and thoughts, and be an inspiration for us. Please show us every now and then what's in the journal! :-)

Bea said...

Leuk idee!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Very inventive and nice!

mark gould said...

A fantastic bit of up cycling x

Saskia said...

Rubbish? Stunning!

Ineke said...

I love selfmade books. This is a lovely project.

Gráinne said...

Gorgeous rubbish, BD. I love it. I'm excited about what's going into this journal and I'm sure everything will look absolutely magnificent in the end ... even more than now :-) Hugs, Suzanne xx