Saturday, 11 January 2014

Some Simple Stamping With Paint.





Stamps Used:
For The Pencil Stamps From Diamonds And Decorations PlateCP11
The Quotes Are From Dyan Reevely, Quintessential Quotes And Say What You Mean
The Brushes are From Hardware Findings and can be bought on their own. SWR13043
Flying Man SW06158

Morning all, Mark here, Today I am sharing a simple painted pen holder and a couple of media boards.
Ill also share a quick how to on stamping with paint.
If you have not tried stamping with paint I really recommend it.It opens up a much wider choice of stamping colours and can also make life easier. I find that some inks act differently when stamping on paint, there seems to be a difference between black archival ink and sepia archival ink,I find the sepia will bleed out more and you sometimes need to help the drying along with a heat gun.
Bellow are some pics of the steps to stamping with paint. 





I have used Decoart acrylic paints for the pen holder.When stamping with paint you really do not need much paint at all. squeeze out a small amount onto your craft sheet, Brush it out nice and thin and evenly, you really want it to be a very fine covering, to much paint and the image will blob when you come to stamp it, you may also find images with large flat area of image will not stamp as well, best to have a practice first.
You will find the paint will dry out quite quick so you will want to move fairly quickly.If you find it drying out give it a light spritz with some water and re brush out.
When you come to stamp just be careful to press straight down, don't allow the stamp to slide at all.
I painted the body of the pencil blue and have stamped with black and white paint.

For the media boards I just fancied playing with the alcohol inks, I always forget how nice and bright the colours can be.
I just added drops of colour to some glossy card and blew through a straw to spread the droplet out. I stamped the images with archival ink.

Thanks as always for stopping by, Head back tomorrow to see something new from one of our DT. xx







10 comments:

Jetske said...

Great penholder for pens that need to be stored standing up. I like stamping with paint too, the Distress paints are also great for stamping! They don't dry out that fast, and are a bit less thick than other acrylic paints.

Justie said...

Very cool pencil holder. I never tried stamping with paint. I've a ton of acrylic paint. From my college days. I should try it I'm always looking for interesting new artistic ideas.

Claudine Criner said...

Wow, this is wonderful, I love what you have created here!!

butterfly said...

The paint stamping looks so cool, and the pen holder is really clever. Love the boards too... amazing colours and gloss!
Alison x

Redanne said...

I really love the pen holder, it is very quirky and your colour choices are wonderful. Thanks for all the great tips too. Anne x

Ineke said...

Very nice projects all of them.

craftytrog said...

Love those bright boards(alcohol inks have always been a favourite of mine), & the pen holder looks great Mark! x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Toll, das ist ja eine super Idee. Sieht klasse aus.

LG Carola

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great penholder and AAI creations Mark

Gráinne said...

Stunning, Mark. Love the stamping with paint and I definitely have to try it. Very well done. Suzanne xx