Sunday, 16 February 2014

arch with fairy

Hi all ...
It's Suzanne here, sharing an arch with a fairy.

things I used:
stamps
Mercedes EI M1449
winter tree CP R580 
black birds CP J310

others
distress paint mustard see and spiced marmelade
modeling paste 
matte medium CH-HSP24927
arches from Tando Creative
various distress inks
stickles diamond GG-SGG17028 
window die

Firstly I sponged the arch panel with distress paints, trying to blend them nicely. The birds and the branches from the winter tree were stamped onto the background and then everything was sealed.
I coated the frame with modeling paste and painted it black when it was dry. To finish it off I highlighted its texture with a metallic wax finish.
Mercedes was stamped individually and colored with various colors of distress inks, then fussy cut. Finally I applied some stickles diamond on the wings.
To finish the arch I glued all the pieces together.

I hope you like it a bit :-)

Suzanne x

4 comments:

Jetske said...

The texture on the frame is perfect, and the blending of distress paints is also perfect. Great looking piece, showing in my shop window!

Ineke said...

This is wonderfull, Suzanne, i like it a lot. Very nice coloring.

butterfly said...

I love that you can spy her through that fabulous Gothic window... wonderful texture!
Alison x

Karin said...

wow this looks beautiful Suzanne!
Groetjes Karin