Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Belief Media Board


Items Used:
The Lady comes from Burning Hearts Plate 56
The back ground images are all from Prophecies Plate 54
I have also used The Crafters Workshop Stencil Greek Alphabet.
Distress Inks
Acrylic Piant
Acetate.

Morning all, thank you for stopping by.
Mark here and I am sharing another mixed media board, this time I used the theme 'Belief' as I got to try out some of my new stamps.
I used a Tando-Creative mixed media board, these are made from chipboard/grey board and are nice and chunky.They are like an over sized ATC and will be great for swapping giving a slightly larger area to work on. I used the boards natural texture and swiped with the distress ink pads face down, first with Old Paper and then with Pumice Stone, I then used a foam pad to blend the colours a little. I used the Pumice Stone applied with the foam through the stencil and then used the Prophecies stamps stamped in black archival ink.
Some acetate was cut to size and I stamped the lady using Stazon ink and painted the back of the image with Decoart Americana acrylic paint.
I used some of Tim Holtz's tiny brads to attach the acetate to the media board.
Thanks as always for stopping by. xx
Head back tomorrow to see something new from our DT x


12 comments:

Neil said...

Another cool "tag", more like a mini art work. Great colours and beautiful imagery. Thanks for sharing.

Jetske said...

Great work, real art! The woman is "popping up" it seems, thanks to the acetate.

whyducks said...

Cool

Andrea C said...

As always fab. x

massofhair said...

Great Tag, like the sound of these boards as good for paints etc. Wonderful colours and great stamps :-)

butterfly said...

Very cool - love the subtle mushroom colour in the background, and the stamp is beautiful, and beautifully painted - a stunning make. So, swapping then....?!
Alison x

Evil Edna said...

this makes me do a tiny high pitched voice "awesome!" EE

Apollox said...

Very cool!

Redanne said...

What a gorgeous make Mark, the background you created is beautiful and I love how you stamped and painted the image on acetate. This really is beautiful. Anne x

Susan Salyer said...

oh wonderful ..love look and feel of this. Beautiful work.
hugs
susan s

Ineke said...

Just one word; GREAT.

Gráinne said...

WOW! I absolutely love this ... the colors are brillint and I can't stop wondering how you get those crisp looking images onto the acetate :-) Hugs, Suzanne x