Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Faerie Envelope




Stamps Used:
The Wing Is From Wings Plate 07
The Microscopic Plant Forms Are From Plate 87
Archival Inks
Decoart Acrylic Paint

Morning all, Thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I am sharing a little ATC envelope I have made, this is also my DT make over at Haunted Design House.
I have used the Tim Holtz envelope die and cut mine from 300gsm card stock. I sealed the card with Decoarts Faux Finish Medium to help protect it from the paint washes, I mixed my washes using Purple Cow and Baby Blue, the colours were applied at the same time and swirled together to give a soft distress ink look. The stamps were added using Archival ink and the wings and drawers lady were then painted with Decoart's Traditions paints, using translucent colours.The edges were swiped with black archival ink and coated the whole envelope with Decoart's Satin Glaze.
The envelope was then folded and glued together.
Now to get onto making the ATC ;)
Thanks so much for stopping by. x

8 comments:

Saskia said...

Wonderful combination of stamps!

Jetske said...

Great background, gruesome fairie! But I like this kind of weird thinking!

butterfly said...

Wow - that is so beautiful! I love the ethereal colours and images, just floating within the envelope surface it seems... faerie indeed - love, love, love it!
Alison x

Redanne said...

So beautiful Mark! Anne x

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Love those stamps! FAbulous, Mark! xxD

craftytrog said...

Wonderful! I love the painted fairie!x

Susan Salyer said...

oh my gosh I love this. so gorgeous..sending my little faes to snag it..
hugs
susan s

Gráinne said...

Just brilliant! I dallied over those microscopic plants but had no idea what to do with them ... you displayed them perfectly. Suzanne x