Saturday, 22 February 2014

flying man - resized

Hi and hello to everyone out there ...
Suzanne here with today's designteam piece.
This stamp isn't new but – it's resized. This way you can use it (better) for artjournaling for example and everything else you think a larger stamp would look great on. I just *love* those bigger stamps ...
----
Der Stempel ist nicht neu und viele von Euch werden ihn besitzen oder zumindest kennen, aber er ist nun auch in größer erhältlich.

things I used
stamps
flying man SW R14001 
and words from plate 167: large men PLATESW167 

others
various colors of acrylic paints
embossing powder black 432105
versamark embossing inkpad TS-VM001
StazOn jet black inkpad 
frantage embossing enamel aged silver
mixed media board 
hitch fastener


DT teammate Mark, who never fails to inspire me :-) infected me with those mixed media boards and I had to try one on my own. Sadly the pic doesn't do it justice, the colors are quite different. I'll try another pic that looks more real.

To begin with I painted some layers of acrylic paint, each one a different color - and let it dry inbetween. When everything was dry I rubbed some of the paint off with alcohol, hence the worn look - at least I hope so :-) Then I stamped the man, heat embossed him with black powder, and colored him in with very very little acrylic paint on a brush. The words were stamped with stazon jet black. Finally I dabbed some versamark embossing ink onto everything and scattered some embossing enamel aged silver over the board, heat embossed it.
To seal it I covered the board with triple thick glaze. At last I punched a hole and added a hitch fastener. done :-D

----
Mein Team-Kollege Mark hat in letzter Zeit einige dieser mixed media boards sehr kreativ verarbeitet und so wollte ich das auch versuchen. Zuerst habe ich Schichten unterschiedlicher Acrylfarben aufgepinselt. Als die trocken waren, habe ich an manchen Stellen einen Teil der Farbe mit Alkohol wieder abgenommen, den Mann gestempelt und schwarz embosst. Ausgemalt ist er mit ganz wenig Acrylfarbe auf einem sehr dünnen Pinsel. Dann habe ich das ganze board mit Versamark betupft und hier und da embossing enamel aged silver aufgestreut und erhitzt. Zuletzt ist alles versiegelt mit triple thick glaze (von DecoArt).

Thanks so much for having a look, have a great weekend!
Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Jetske said...

He seems to be flying in the universe....unknown starclusters around him.

Apollox said...

Ja sehr cool geworden!

Ineke said...

This stamp looks nice on this background. Good job.

Karin said...

beautiful creation Suzanne!
Groetjes Karin