Monday, 10 February 2014

throw a die

Hi and hello to all of you ...

And again it's my turn to share something with you. This time it's another Valentine project in a wider sense: a cube :-D

Stuff I used

stamps:
men from the plate 118 Mannen 1 PL.ATESW113  
Edgar Allen Poe CP R589
Thinking N3703NS
Life is not measured SW G12186 and
three background strips SW P12183  
from the plate 148 Silhouetten PLATESW148
and a stamp I carved myself from a rubber

other supplies:
embossing powder black 432105
Versamark inkpad TS-VM001 
Multi medium matte CH-HSP24927   
Gesso




Sorry for the poor quality of the pics, it's always a struggle with artificial light. Actually the color is the same on all the sides, it's not this yellow-ish.

To begin with I covered the cube with a coat of gesso, then I dabbed acrylic paint onto it with a sponge and colored the edges with golden acrylic paint. The images were stamped with StazOn and heat embossed with black embossing powder, the background patterns (from the silhouette plate) were stamped with jet black only. I heat embossed the heart with embossing enamel aged silver and finally sealed the whole cube with matte medium.

Thank you ever so much for stopping by.

Suzanne x

6 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice project!

mark gould said...

Great cube. The bg stamps work so well around the busts.

Karin said...

Fabulous piece!
groetjes Karin

butterfly said...

That's a brilliant cube, Suzanne - love the Gibson Girl in dramatic red!!
Alison x

Saskia said...

Ah, poor girl having all these guys to chose from.
Love your handmade stanp. I followed a workshop on hand carving but it's not really for me.

Dianne said...

Hello Suzanne the cube is brilliant, stunning colors, the black embossing is gorgeous, it's so dramatic, thanks for sharing..