Friday, 28 February 2014

Tick Tock Tag



Stamps Used:
The clock and Tick Tick are from Time And Space Plate 46
The Chap Is Larger and New and from Grote mannen Plate 167

Morning all, and thenaks for stopping by, Mark here today and I am sharing my Tick Tock tag.
I have made this tag for a tag swap I signed up for. I have used a Tando-Creative Mixed Media Board for the base of my tag and ran it through a Tim Holtz embossing folder,I gessoed the tag and when dry I mixed up on my craft mat a couple of washes using the new Decoart Media fluid acrylics, these are amazing, the pigment is pure and it took a drop of a light blue and a dark blue mixed with water to create the washes, I swiped the tag through the puddle on my craft mat and let dry, I then mixed a was of violet and that found its way to the low points of the tag.
I cut some clear plastic packaging to size and stamped my images with Stazon ink, I then turned it over and using acrylic paint i coloured the images, you can see in the second picture that you do not have to be to careful when adding colour.It also showes the bg colour better, I finished of the paint by giving it two coats of Satin Glaze.
Using my cropodile I punch holes down one side and added some small eyelets, The plastic was added to the tag using a larger eyelet and a suede cord was added for the ribbon.
Thanks again for stopping by. x

8 comments:

Jetske said...

Super! I love the colouring of the background.

Jetske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
butterfly said...

Another fabulous Mixed Media board, Mark - love that subway texture and the glaze is amazing.
Alison x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Cool!!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous tag, love the background especially !!!
Corrie x

Bea said...

Mooi!

Julia S-W said...

Looks fab Mark. So jealous you've got your hands on those products already ;) xx

erinstewart said...

Fantastic! So jealous Claire got you and I didn't! lol Can't wait to learn how to do all these things. xx