Saturday, 22 March 2014

Altered mini chest of drawers.

I'm back doing what I like doing best...
ALTERING STUFF!
Although I am still trying to use stamps that have never been inked before,
3 of the stamps used on these drawers were totally un-used...
only the crackle effect had been inked up before this project.
The chest of drawers was well sanded, then painted, then really well sanded again so I had a super smooth surface for stamping on.
The sides have just one stamped image on, the top and front of the drawers have a stamped image that I masked off and stamped over.
I just sponged over the images with inks then sanded with a fine grade sanding block. I wanted to get a very shabby worn look to the chest of drawers.
Once I was happy that it did indeed look well worn I stamped all over every surface with the crackle stamp.
Finally a coat of semi-matte vanish and its good to go.
SUPPLIES USED
MEMENTO INK RICH COCOA
DISTRESS INK ANTIQUE LINEN
BRUSHED CORDUROY
STAMPS USED
ARCHITRAVE R5008NS
COLLAGE XVI P5005NS
WOMAN STATUE L5009NS
FINE CRACKLE CP Q500
Thanks for stopping by...
there'll be another stamping project by another designer tomorrow.
BDx

9 comments:

Saskia said...

Wow, awesome alteration!

Gerrina said...

That is some beautiful altered chest! Great stamps for this one! Fijn weekend, Gerrina

petpan said...

Wow,this is beautiful !!!!!

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowwww, einfach klasse. Ganz besonders schön gestaltet mit dem tollen Motiv.

LG Carola

Ineke said...

This is so beautiful, just love it.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Stunning alteration!

Bea said...

Love it!

Jetske said...

This chest seems to have been made for these images! Just the right size! It's a stunning piece of art, I love it!

Gráinne said...

That's awesome! Love it very much ... I'm wondering about its seize, though :-) Suzanne x