Suzanne here - it's my turn again to share something and this time it's a bookmark I made for a swap - 'unusual bookmarks'.
materials I used
wings small FAS F2005 and
turban head FAS F1407
from plate 29 art doll parts FASPLATE29
Tim Holtz die sewing room
water-soluble wax crayon
Archival ink pad jet black DP-AIP06633
Inka Gold gold
broken china TH-TDD36319
seedless preserves TH-TDD36456
peacock feathers TH-TDD39716
Distress ink pads:
triple thick glaze
I fixed the dress form onto my craft sheet with masking tape - to protect the stand (?) from paint and to apply the paint more easily: I dripped some of the different distress paints on the left of the dress form onto the sheet and swiped them over it with a plastic card.
Then the masking tape was removed, the stand painted with beige acrylic paint and a crackle medium, when this was dry some brown paint was added. At last the dress form was sealed with triple thick glaze. I colored the wings with acrylic paint, stamped the small wings on them and added some inka gold around the edges with my fingers. They were attached to the body with mini brads.
Then I stamped the head twice, fuzzy cut them, colored one of them and glued both of them onto the upper part of the dress form, one from behind and one on top. The face and the turban were colored with a wax crayon and distress inks.
Unfortunately I stamped an image from another company onto the 'body' by accident, it would of course look just as good or even better :-) - with a stamp from plate PP81 funky stuff or the open blossom from the set of roses SW M13018.
Thank you so very much for your visit and have a great day.