Friday, 28 March 2014

CHUNKY ATC.

Yay it's Friday!
I have been playing with un-inked stamps again.... 
clay and chunks of wood cut to ATC size.
 I have found that when stamping into clay it best to dust your stamp
with a little corn flour..... roll out the clay fairly thinly.... lay the stamp onto the clay, and roll over the stamp with a rolling pin.
I usually tear my clay around the stamped image...allow to dry....
once totally dry, using texture paste adhere it to the ATC block,
create texture around the image with a anything you fancy.... i used some broken/scap pieces of other projects.
Allow to harden.... I base coated with black paint, then dry brushed with grey and cream.
I coated the sides with texture paste and left it in ridges. 
This stamp, i think works really well.... you still get all the detail.
 Just so you can see what she looks like stamped with ink and coloured up....
I added her to the back of the chuncky ATC.
I stamped her...then masked her, so that i could stamp and mask the flowers from her head around the edges.

SUPPLIES USED .....MEMENTO INK TUXEDO BLACK
STAMP USED. FLOWERHEAD K5810NS
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you'll have a go at stamping with clay.
There will be another designer providing more inspiration tomorrow.
BDx

5 comments:

ike said...

FANTASTIC - this is a fabulous piece and such a brilliant idea. I LUV the texture - you never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations :-D Left some LUV on your Blog too BD xxxxxxxxxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Amazing atc's!

Gerrina said...

Stunning effect; great ATC! Groetjes, Gerrina

Ineke said...

This is a great ATC. Nice technique with the clay

Jetske said...

Really chunky! I love how you coloured the backside, beautiful!