Thursday, 13 March 2014

Shabby Chic Door Hanger





Stamps Used:
All the stamps are from the set Burning Hearts Plate 56

Morning all, thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I am sharing a shabby chic door hanger.
I used Decoart's new chalk paint and distressed the hanger, I then used the harlequin 12" stencil from The Crafters Workshop and dabbed more chalk paint for a subtle look, once dry it was roughed up with some sand paper to help with the shabby effect. I stamped the face and then using a mask cut from paper covered the image and stamped the patterned circle with a red chalk paint and the script with archival ink so it looked as if the face was on top.
I painted the back black and coated it with decoart's chalk board paint, 2 coats of this and you can then write on the back with chalk.
Thank you for stopping by. xx head back to morrow to see something new from our DT xx

10 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Stunning Mark...a gorgeous doorhanger

Jetske said...

Beautiful!

Saskia said...

Very pretty, perfect for a 'Do not disturb, I am not approachable' doorhanger.

whyducks said...

Good work Mark

butterfly said...

Just dying to get my hands on those chalk paints - and you've lured me into checking out this stamp plate - the woman is just beautiful, as is the text. Another great make, Mark.
Alison x

Redanne said...

Very beautiful stamping Mark! Anne x

Susan Salyer said...

I was about to skip FB tonight ..something said no scroll on down..oh man am I glad I did. This is gorgeous..my style..I could not praise it enough.
hugs
susan s

Gráinne said...

Absolutely stunning, as always. It's great how you make rather feminine stamps looking much less female ... great work. Hugs, Suzanne xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is a great piece and those stamps are gorgeous x

Apollox said...

What a wonderful artwork, love it!