Sunday, 30 March 2014

steampunk notebook

Hi and hello to everyone ...
Suzanne here – and my apologies for being late again ... the time change had me confused.
Today I'm sharing a little steampunk notebook.

materials
stamps 
from the plates
167 large men PLATESW167
and 
113 mannen PL.ATESW113
telescoop SW P11013 
air bicycle SW P11009 
background stamp ledger SW S14010

other
distress paint
Archival inkpad jet black DP-AIP06633 
some metal embellishments
reactive metall paint
some sheets of coffee dyed paper
D-rings

front outside
inside

 back outside
inside
The covers are beermats colored with reactive metal paints - which I also used to 'age' the metal embellishments. For the insides I slightly mixed distress paints rusty hinge and walnut stain with a brush while applying. When this was dry I dabbed on some antiqued bronze and added a bit of frantage embossing enamel aged silver to the edges. All the images were stamped with the inkpad jet black.
Watercolor pencils and a waterbrush were used to color in the images on the front and back.
I still have to practise quite a lot with those reactive metal paints but I love them, I so love how they react.

So, I hope you like this a bit - and forgive me my being late again :-)
Have a great Sunday all of you ...

Hugs, Suzanne xx


7 comments:

Bea said...

Prachtig!!

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Wow, das ist grandios geworden, liebe Suzanne.

Jetske said...

Great little book! You have chosen the colours very well.

Win Dinn said...

Well done, Suzanne - love the results you've achieved with those metal reactive paints!

Redanne said...

You have certainly done a brilliant job with those reactive paints, the covers are fabulous Suzanne! Anne x

Ria D said...

mooie kleuren - heel mooi resultaat - Ria

whyducks said...

Really cool!