Tuesday, 1 April 2014

APRIL CALENDER.

Happy APRIL fools day!
When I realised I had the calender page to do for April 1st,
I wracked my brains about what to do...
So I thought i'd be foolish and venure right outside my comfort zone, 
with pastel colours.... fussy cutting...and faeries.
(Plus i'm still using previously un-inked stamps!)
 I painted a piece of thick A4 sized cardboard with acrylic paint.
 I stamped and coloured my faery-folk....
using similar colours to the painted background.
 I drew out the letters/numbers onto paper I had stamped with a fine crackle stamp.
 Then set about fussy cutting all of these tiny elements.... hours it took...no kidding.
I arranged every piece...interlocking some of the fearies with the numbers... 
once happy with the layout I stuck it all down...then outline the letters/numbers.
Not my usual type of thing but a great day to make a (APRIL) fool of myself.
SUPPLIES USED.. MEMENTO INK LONDON FOG
STAMPS USED...
FINE CRACKLE CP Q500
SMALL FAIRIES are all from FAIRY FLIGHT PLATE FS21
BETSY BUTTERCUP EI E1429
CORDELIA  E1 F1433
(Betsy and Cordelia are also on the plate but available individually.)
Thanks for visiting...another designer will have a project to share with you tomorrow.
BDx

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Uh oh, I'm turning into a girly girl. Lately I'm totally into fairies and glitter and pastels and I'm even starting to like the colour pink!
This soooo feeds my addiction, lol! Totally lovely, Lyn.

Jetske said...

Oooh, Lyn! This is so beautiful! Real "April colours", fairies awakening.... So much work to colour them all, and then the cutting... so much patience! The way you put them in between and over the numbers is also perfect. This is real artwork, even though you may have another feeling about it... :-))))

artwolf2009 said...

great calendar page, something really different. Can´t wait to see you using more of your unused stamps

Ineke said...

This is lovely, nice work with real spring colors.

Bea said...

Een droom kalender!