Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Caught In A Dream



Stamps Used:
The Squiggles and Patterns are from Diamonds And Decorations Plate 11
The Wings are from Wings Plate 07
The Text is one of our NEW stamps French Text SW S14011

Morning all, I hope you are all keeping well?
Mark here and I thought I would try something a little different, well different for me anyway.Not a tag, Just the style.
I have been seeing some great collage effect tags from people like Mandy and thought it was about time I had a little play. Also for a change No paint ;)
The two pics are the same tag I was just unsure if I would like the tag once I started to doodle with the posca pen.
I cut a tag using the Tim Holtz die, I sprayed a sheet of 300gsm card and cut a piece to fit my tag.I started by stamping the wings after marking out where the image of the lady would go (she was cut from one of my Gf's trash mags) I also made a mask of the wings so I could layer my other stamps making it looke like they were in the background. The text was stamped first, (all the stamping was with archival ink), followed by all the patterned stamps.
I used some Tim Holtz stickers for my sentiment and some crinkly ribbon that was also coloured with Dylusion sprays to match the tag. The edge of the tag was sanded back to reveal a white boarder and was sealed with Decoart's Satin Glaze.
Thanks for stopping by, head back tomorrow for another new project from one of our DT.
xxx

8 comments:

Jetske said...

Nice tag, lovely colourscheme. I know French is a difficult language, but why did you stamp it upside down? ROFL!

mark gould said...

Because I an blond lol.

Saskia said...

Love the doodles top left. Was convinced it was a bit of creative cutting.

whyducks said...

Like it, very cool!

Redanne said...

Great use of the image Mark and I love the fabulous background you created. Anne x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Like this a lot Mark...great tag!!

Gráinne said...

Hi Mark, this is so 'NOT' you that I didn't notice you were here this week while browsing my blog feed :-D It's great, I love the colors and the 'trashy' image, the whole composition, but to be honest I'd prefer to see more of y o u (no offense). Suzanne xx

butterfly said...

Like both versions - clever to record it at the earlier stage just in case!!
Alison x