Friday, 18 April 2014

little 'junk' shop shelf

Hi and hello everyone out there ...

Suzanne here again, sharing a 'junk shop' (shelf).
Sorry for the pics being quite blurry ... :-/
Those stamps were a 'must have' at the time but I hardly used them. I stamped an ATC here and there with these images.
Now I thought I could do some kind of a junk shop (shelf/window/..), using a small shadow box that lay around for a while, half painted.

supplies
stamps
from the plate 76 fun stuff PP76
man with eyepatch SW P11016

other
chalk paints
distress ink vintage photo
StazOn inkpad timber brown
embossing powder clear 432100
several metal embellishments and -findings 
(nothing beats authentic and natural weathering :-D)
glossy accents
wooden spools 9110-61
cardboard letters  
two step crackle
 

I covered the little box with coats of DIY and purchased chalk paint and sanded it back around the edges that again were sponged with timber brown afterwards. The spools were painted and sanded back as well. The background for the panels is made from heavy paper, covered with acrylic paint and two step crackle - with some distress ink vintage photo sponged into the cracks. The images were stamped with StazOn timber brown and heat embossed with clear ep.
To embellish the box I rummaged around my stash for things to rust and some of the found items my children collect for me ;-)
Finally I found a small pic from a Tim Holtz paper and 'framed' it with frantage embossing enamel aged silver.


I hope you like this a little bit and will visit again tomorrow and any other day to have a look what the DT members come up with.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

8 comments:

Jetske said...

A nice little Junkshop, with all the bits and pieces around. This will encourage your children to find more "treasures" for you! :-)

ike said...

FABULOUS - such a lovely frame and super little junk pieces. I really like the junk shop letters too. Great creation :-D
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog



Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great grungy Junk Shop, Suzanne!
Happy Easter, Alie :-)

Redanne said...

Love your junk shop Suzanne!

Apollox said...

So nice and I love it too!

Ineke said...

This is a nice idea, i always pick up little goodies when i walk the dog. Now you gave me a nice way to use them. Good job.

mark gould said...

very cool x

Carmen said...

I love that your children bring treasure home for you! This gorgeous, I love the stamps you use and the way you use them! Love it!