Thursday, 1 May 2014

calendar - May

Good morning to all you visitors and passers by.
Suzanne here, it's my turn again today and since another month passed by in a wink it's time for a new calender page - (hopefully) Kate Crane style :-D

Supplies
stamps
desperate man SW R11018  from plate 113 men PL.ATESW113
stamps from plate 148 silhouettes PLATESW148 
plate 107 writing letters NSPL107 
clockface large CP Q462 
the great wave 270G 
background stamp Roman numbers FAS S1402
plate 168 large numbers PLATESW168 

other
StazOn inkpad Jet Black 
Archival inpads in different colors
embossing powder clear 432100  
mini mister RANMIS22701
Versamark inkpad  TS-VM001 
sharpie writing pen 1742663
chipboard numbers
Dylusion sprays
cut grass DR-DYC33868
fresh lime DR-DYC33875
pure sunshine DR-DYC33929
squeezed orange DR-DYC33936
acrylic ink 
acrylic paint
texture tools
dymo


I made two of them, tried to create one more masculine or quite neutral and one in a more feminine style. The color scheme is more or less the same. I did them on canvas (boards), though.

 For the first one I used the canvas as it was (put on some gesso and acrylic ink pearl to get some resist) and covered it with a wash of green acrylic ink. Then I roughly sketched the areas for the single days and covered them with masking paint. More layers of acrylic inks were added. When everything was completely dry (takes a while, you have to be very patient until all this dried thoroughly :-/ :-)) I stamped the images with StazOn jet black and Archival Inkpads plum and green.
For the big numbers I used a variation of the 'kissing technique' but with texture tools like a stencil, a piece of a bath mat, punchinella ... and heat embossed them with clear ep afterwards.
Finally I rubbed the masking paint off and added the dates. To mark the days I used some wooden 'knobs' I got at the hardware store some time ago and painted them with green and orange acrylic paint, sanded them a bit and added the letters with my Dymo.
MAY was lined through a letter stencil and painted with green acrylic paint as well.

 
 For the background of the second I used different Dylusion sprays, not thinking about the fact that they would smear when the masking paint was added *rolleyes* As a kind of 'troubleshooting' I sprayed the background with fixative and added the masking paint very, very carefully. When the masking paint was dry I tore sheets of paper and added darker patterns by spraying acrylic ink with a mini mister. Just like with the first one stamp images were added rather randomly. The numbers are from chipboard - they were sprayed with acrylic ink too and stamped with one of the background strips from plate 148, finally covered with glossy accents and glued down. For the letters I covered a piece of sticky back canvas with green acrylic ink, sprayed through a number stencil and stamped the Roman numbers background. Then I die cut them with a TH letter die.
Finally I added those cute Clothes pins :-)



  I hope you like them a bit :-)
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and have a look.
I'd love to see you again tomorrow and any other day to follow the gorgeous makes of my team members ...

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

6 comments:

Jetske said...

I like them both. The masculin calendar has got clearer dates, the feminin calendar has got more vibrant colours. Even the details (masculing knobs and feminin clothespins) are chosen carefully, and add a finishing touch to the calendars.

Saskia said...

I like the weekdays on the clothes pins, very clever! The calendars are both very beautiful, makes me looking forward to this new month!

Ineke said...

You did a good job. Love both of them.

Susan Salyer said...

This is fabulous how energetic and gorgeous for a new month.
hugs
susan s

Bea said...

Well done!

Apollox said...

Ich bin ja eh' ein Fan Deiner Arbeiten!