Sunday, 4 May 2014

TEA-LIGHT HOLDER

Good(late) Sunday morning....
its the dragons turn again today and,
I have something to show you that really came in handy....
because of a 'vandal attack' on our local electicity sub-station yesterday,
we have been without power for nearly 20hrs.
But we're back up and running now....freezers seem ok...
i remembered NOT to open the doors to check!
So after the rambling...here is my project...
 I took a very basic wooden heart shapered tea-light holder and sanded it really well.
I gave it 3 coats of white acrylic paint, sanding really well between coats as
I wanted an ultra smooth surface to stamp onto.
 I stamped and masked the images then coloured with distress inks...
then inked and distressed the whole thing.
Finally I gave it two coats of a satin varnish/sealer.
Sorry for being so late.....
could have been here 2 hours ago but I needed copious amounts of hot strong tea and
my daughters wanted a cooked HUGE breakfast!
SUPPLIES USED 
DISTRESS INKS...ANTIQUE LINEN
STAMPS USED
E.A.POE  CP R589
SPILT INK CP N378
INK SPLATTER CP E182
NEVERMORE CP L342
PEN (comes with an ink bottle) CP Q474
RENOIR'S COLOUR LIST CP P426
Many thanks for stopping by today, 
tomorrow there will be another stamped project from another designer.
BDx

7 comments:

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wow, das ist wunderschön. Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut.

LG Carola

Jetske said...

Great project!

Bea said...

very nice!!

Saskia said...

The stamping looks wonderfully detailed! Must be boring 20 hours without electricity.

Apollox said...

Echt schön und dazu diese warme Farbbasis, das paßt super!

Ineke said...

Very pretty, look realy vintage.

petpan said...

Wonderfull tea light holder