Monday, 16 June 2014

Distressed altered heart coasters.

Good morning.... the start of another week is upon us.
It's the dragons turn again to share a stamped project with you,
my critter book is a long way from finished but I don't want tp bore you all so I've
done something different for today.
I brought some heart coasters a while ago, altered one then forgot about them...
I do that a lot... anyway... I found them again, so decided to alter a couple of them.
I love playing with paint so I started off by giving them a coat of a milk chocolate brown.
Once dry I gave them a good coat of PVA, as this began to dry I painted with a liberal coat of cream.
 Once they were completely dry I gave them a gentle sanding.... just because I wanted them smooth.
I stamped the angel onto tissue paper and coloured with pencils.
I tore around  the images and using watered down PVA i adhered them to the coasters... one I pasted with the stamped side down so that the image is 'mirrored'....
I do quite like the vintage well-worn look that these have.
SUPPLIES USED  MEMENTO INK ESPRESSO TRUFFLE
Thank you for stopping by, there will be another stamping project tomorrow from another designer. 
BDx

2 comments:

Jetske said...

In this case I would like them better if they were "like new", but that's a difference of taste. You can make them either new or worn, the idea is worth following!
Using tissue does have the advantage of making mirror images quite easy, I have never realised that! The mirrored image is slightly lighter, but you could keep that in mind when colouring the not mirrored image.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Saskia said...

Love the distressed look you've created with the paints.