Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Mixed Media Board Tag





Stamps Used:
The Guy is from Take A Walk On The Wild Side Plate 84 he is a twist on one of my fave stamps, the background text and number for the eye patch are all in the one design.
Tim Holtz Embossing Folders
Mixed Media Board

Morning all, Mark here. and I have a little tag for you today I made using a mixed media board from Tando-Creative and the new Fluid Acrylic paints from Decoart.
The back ground was painted blue and stamped with archival ink. The tag was then run through my new X cut machine,(love this, so much better than my Big Shot Pro) I used the Journey folder in conjunction with one of the Tim Holtz Diffusers, Its the first time I have used the Diffuser and I really love the end result, I was not expecting such a clean edge between the image and and the embossing folder.
I dry brushed some yellow over the embossed area to get the nice green then used the new antiquing fluid in white to get the white washed look.
The embellishments were added to finish off the tag.
As always a great big thanks for stopping by. x


10 comments:

Jetske said...

Great tag!

Andy skinner said...

Very nice job Mark!

Buttons said...

Fantastic again Mark. Isn't the diffuser great! You can combine folders by using first the outy and then the inny (if that makes sense?) See; http://pushingtherightbuttons.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/whats-in-pot.html
Hope that helps and gives you a few more ideas. Jenny x

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous ! I love it !
Corrie x

butterfly said...

Love the colours on that embossed background - such a cool panel!
Alison x

JackieP Neal said...

Really cool Mark! How did you get the embossing to stop at the tip of the guys head? I really like that technique!

mark gould said...

Jackie> I used the diffuser plate/embossing tool from Tim Holtz. Hard to explain exactly how they work briefly ;) but there are 3 of them, different shaped cut outs and inserts, they apply pressure to your embossing folder when you run it through your machine but not where the gap in the diffuser is so the embossing plate does not emboss that area. Hope that makes some sort of sense x

massofhair said...

Fantastic Tag Mark, need the embossing folder and the antiquing cream. Fab techniques, stunning results:-) x

Saskia said...

Love the effect of the diffuser.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Nice tag, Mark