Friday, 6 June 2014

wooden bookcovers

Hi all around blogland ...

It's Suzanne here again on this sunny day, sharing some wooden bookcovers. I purchased them a while ago and decided it was time to finally decorate them :-)

supplies
stamps
Human by Leonardo CP Q481
Fleur de Lis CP P423
Feather from Plate 107 writing letters NSPL107
Wheel of the Year CP Q534

other
embossing powder black 432105
Versamark inkpad TS-VM001
Versamark inkpad onyx black 
StazOn inkpad timber brown
Mini ink blending tool RI-IBT40965
embossing enamel aged silver and aged ivory
chalk paint 
stencil

I covered the wooden covers with two layers of chalk paint and sanded them back. embossed the human by Leonardo with embossing powder black, the Fleurs de Lis with embossing enamel ages silver. Some patterns were added with a stencil and browm metallic paint. Finally I heat embossed some more small areas with embossing enamel aged ivory. The edges were sponged with StazOn timber brown.

I didn't get around to do the other surfaces because I ran out of sand paper :-/
Thank you so very ymuch for stopping by and paying a visit. I'd love to see you again tomorrow and any other day to get enspired by the work of my fellow DT members.
Have a good and crafty day ...

Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Ganz toll Suzanne!
Love how you altered this nice shaped bookcover!
Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

Ineke said...

Nice work, you can show us the other part an other time. This looks very "old" to me, good job.

Mark Perry said...

Enjoying your blog ... and I would like to say thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog .. Mark x

Jetske said...

Beautiful bookcover!