Wednesday, 13 August 2014

A Large Peg






Stamps Used:
The Lovely Lady is from FS25 Lillypond & Flowers
The Flowers are from FS25 Lillypond & Flowers
The Script on the side is from Burning Hearts Plate 56

Thanks for stopping by, Mark here and I am sharing a large peg this morning.This is one of those pegs that is big enough to act as a paper weight and not clip and will sit happily on a desk.
After a base coat of white paint I used the Decoart Fluid Acrylics to add my colour, I thought I would go for a brighter than usual feel and after a base of Yellow I used a wash of magenta to add the paint runs.
The images were stamped with archival black ink, The lady fits perfectly and I used part of the chrysanthemum stamp from the same set, just masking of the main part of the peg.
The edges were swiped with archival ink and a finishing coat of Satin Varnish helped bring out the colours.
Sorry for the bad pics, we have had a fair bit of rain recently and the lighting in my flat is terrible for taking pics.
As always a great big thankyou for stopping by. Head back tomorrow for something new from our DT xxx



6 comments:

Jetske said...

Very nice peg, the bright colours will make it easy to find on a cluttered desk.
And these colours also give the feeling of sunshine, something you have been lacking for a while I guess, with all the rain.

Ineke said...

Very nice job Mark. Lovely colors.

butterfly said...

Very cool - the colours are fab and I love that image, wow!
Alison x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Nice!

artwolf2009 said...

cool design

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Oh wie cool... einfach klasse!
LG Carola