Monday, 18 August 2014

a little gift

Good morning to all of you out there in blogland ...
It's Suzanne here again this surprisingly dry morning, sharing a wooden bobbin with a linen ribbon.

supplies:
stamps from plates
PLATESW91 nature ornamental forms
PLATESW89 microscopic artforms plants
and PLATESW148 silhouettes

others
StazOn inkpads midi
chalk paints






Sometimes there are people you just don't have any idea what to give them as gifts for their birthdays. I know a few of them :-) And I wanted to make something with those wooden spools that sometimes come with those gorgeous linen ribbons - or vice versa.
So I sanded one of them a little to make it a tad smoother - but not too smooth because I didn't want to cover the wooden look and feel completely. Afterwards I painted it with a few layers of chalk paint, sanded them back, and stamped the image. Several smaller images were stamped onto the ribbon with stazon inkpads and finally I put the ribbon back onto the reel.
So, I hope the addressee can do something with it, embellish another present for example. I don't have an idea how to use the spool itself so far, but that's up to the recipient then :-)

As always, thank you so very much for your visit. It's very appreciated.
Have a great week everyone and please stop by again any other day to have a look at the stunning works of the DT, thanks.
Hugs, Suzanne xx

4 comments:

Jetske said...

Looks nice, it could be used as a knob for a box or drawer perhaps?

Redanne said...

It is a beautiful spool Suzanne - I am sure the recipient will love this although it is far too nice to give away! Anne x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

It looks great Suzanne, a great gift idea!

Carmen said...

What a lovely gift I love the aged look of it and the blue is just gorgeous.