Tuesday, 12 August 2014

bookmarks to abandon ...

Hi all, I hope you have a great week so far ;-)
It's Suzanne here again, sharing two bookmarks.

supplies used
stamps
(for the more feminine one)
Mercedes EI M1449
thinking N3703NS
background eye SW S14012
background French text SW S14011

for the masculine one
man with eyepatch SW R14003 from plate large men  PLATESW167
air bicycle SW P11009

others
StazOn stone grey 
distress ink pads evergreen bough
acrylic paints
ranger stickles diamond GG-SGG17028
sharpie writing pen 1742663 
various stencils
watercolor pencils
gelli printing plate
Dymo

Both backgrounds are gelli prints from my stash.
For the first one I used an additional stencil and acrylic paint to sponge a few more patterns, the background stamp with the eye and small areas of the French script stamp. The images are stamped separately on white cardstock and colored with distress paint, watercolor pencils, and lumiere paint plus a bit of stickle glue on the wings. Since I don't have a good book stamp I tried to draw one on my own LOL


Here I masked the bigger circle of the gelli print and stamped the air bicycle, the guy with the eyepatch again is stamped separately - on a different gelli print with quite some silver acrylic paint on it - and fuzzy cut. Finally I added some splatters of lumiere paint with a paint brush:

I love the shimmer ...


In the area of our local swimming pool they set up an old telephone booth to provide a mini library with free books to borrow and swap. So I decided to make a few bookmarks and leave them there ... I hope they are used and a little bit appreciated by someome.

That's it for today. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to stop by and I hope you like them a bit.

Hugs, Suzanne xx

5 comments:

Jetske said...

I think these bookmarks will find a new owner very fast! Who could leave them behind....

Redanne said...

You already know how much I love your gelli plate work and these bookmarks are no exception - I really love the great sentiments too! Wonderful work, as always, Suzanne. Anne xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great backgrounds Suzanne!

JackieP Neal said...

Fabulous bookmarks to leave! I would be happy to find one!

Ineke said...

Ooh i love bookmarks and i love reading. These are nice ones.