Tuesday, 23 September 2014

ALTERED BOX

Good morning,
today I have a small altered box to show you.
 I sanded the box, then painted it with distress paint., inside and out.
 I then sanded the top and sides really well andpainted again.
 Once dry I re-sanded, stamped and masked my images.
The images for the inside of the lid and bottom of the box were stamped onto card then stuck inside.
I coloured the images with watered down distress inks to give the box an ancient treasure kind of look.
Once it was completely dry I sanded around all the edges and used distress ink to high-light them.
SUPPLIES USED
INK ..... STAZON SADDLE BROWN
DISTRESS PAINT.... BRUSHED CORDUROY
DISTRESS INKS.... VINTAGE PHOTO
STAMPS USED
STATUE HEAD L5012NS
GOTHIC ALPHABET G5014NS
ON THE SOFA N5006NS
FACE SCHEME F5003NS
Thanks for visiting today. BDx

6 comments:

Saskia said...

Stunning! It looks absolutely authentic.

Jetske said...

Amazing, it really seems to be a very old treasure box!

artwolf2009 said...

fab!!!!!

Ria D said...

MOOI ! ! !

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous alteration!

Gráinne said...

that's awesome ... love it, it looks so real. xx