Sunday, 7 September 2014

it's coming ...

Good morning all ...
I feel a bit guilty ... now we have two or three sunny days still and my thoughts are already wandering ahead of time which passes by quickly enough.
But  after Halloween is beforee Halloween, don't you agree?
So I made a frame for a stamped 'picture'.

supplies used
stamps
from plate 56 (cherry pie) the ancient cemetery PLATECP56
plate 42 dark night (cherry pie) PLATECP42
plate 52 dark boundaries (cp) PLATECP52
cemetery CP G273


others
die on the edge graveyard  SX-TH658243
die on the edge iron gate
distress ink pads
multi medium matte CH-HSP24927
peeled paint, bundled sage, broken china,
weathered wood, iced spruce,
faded jeans, victorian velvet, black soot,
dusty concord, walnut stain
watercolour pencils
acrylic paints
bird sand
modeling paste

Okay, let's see ... what did I do to the frame ...
I bought it some time ago at a €-shop and it had some structure on it already. The frame has been primed with grey acrylic paint and sealed afterwards. Then I added some modeling paste mixed with birdsand to achieve the sand-structure in some areas. Some more paint was added, dark green, dark grey, crackle paint brushed pewter, and a wash of black acrylic paint. Let dry thoroughly inbetween the layers. When it had dried I sanded the frame back in various spots.
The background for the 'pic' was done with distress ink pads on the craft mat and water. I collected different Halloween images to stamp and mask and tried to create a graveyard scene.
While everything sat to dry I die cut the iron gate and the graveyard from corrugated cardboard, embossed them with different powders, rust and aged silver among them, and added a few washes of acrylic paint. Pieces of both die cuts were adhered in front of the scene.

Thanks so very, very much for stopping by and paying a visit.
Next time I'll try something more 'indian summer like', promised ;-D

Have a great Sunday all of you
Hugs, Suzanne x

4 comments:

Jetske said...

You said you did not like scenery stamping.... what's this???
To me it looks like a perfect scenery, in a more than perfect frame.
The die cuts in front of the stamped scene give it some extra depth.
I like it!

Ineke said...

This is a great scenery. Made me buy more halloween-stamps ;) Nice.

Apollox said...

Sehr heiss mit dem Rahmen, echt klasse!

Ria D said...

mooi geheel
Ria