Sunday, 14 September 2014

Shabby Chic Numbered Distressed Pie Crust Table


Stamps Used:
The Numbers are from Plate 168 Grote Cijfers

Thanks for stopping by,Mark here and  I'm sharing a quick Step by Step for this heavily distressed Pie Crust table accented with numbers from De Stempelwinkel.
I used the Decoart chalk paints for the table and stamping.

Using an electric sander I took the worst of the lose flaky wax/varnish off.


I wanted as nice strong red for my base so two coats of Romance were applied and once dry the electric sander came back out.


One thin coat of Delicate was applied and then some more sanding back.
Stamping with paint can give you great results and works best on pieces like this rather than inks.


spread a thin but even layer of paint across your craft sheet.
When using numbers or letters I use an acrylic block with a grid system to help keep things as straight as I can, I also used some stencil tape to give me a straight edge to stamp up to.



Once dry the numbers were given a light sanding just to take the stark look away.
The table was finished with a couple of coats of soft touch varnish to give a beautifully soft finish.


A quick shot before the numbers were added.



Thanks as always for stopping by.
xxx.






3 comments:

Buttons said...

Fabulous as ever Mark! Jenny x

Redanne said...

Wow Mark, what an amazing transformation. Your table is beautiful! Anne x

JackieP Neal said...

Lovely make-over table Mark! and I love that you named it piecrust! how funny!! ")