Friday, 5 September 2014

STEAMPUNK FRIDGE MAGNET.

Hope you are all enjoying some September sunshine,
we in the UK have had a major improvement in our weather since the children returned
to school.
I have been playing with clay and stamps again, 
this started out as a plain wooden heart...with a magnetic strip on the back.
I rolled out some clay and stamped various cogs into it.
I cut it roughly to size.... then baked it.

 Once baked and cool i adhered it to the wooden heart and cut it to fit...then sanded the edges smooth.
I painted it with black distress paint, then dabbed on some brown paint.
Once completely dry I used a liberal amount of ORIGINAL RUST to bring out the detail,
 then I added some tiny real watch cogs using just a tiny amount of glue to hold them.
SUPPLIES USED
DISTRESS PAINTS....
STAMPS USED
 NUTS AND BOLTS... various from the plate. PP77
Thanks for stopping by today... there'll be another stamped project for you tomorrow.
BDx

3 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous result!

Jetske said...

What a lovely heart this is! The little watch cogs are the finishing touch, it's gorgeous!

Ineke said...

Oh nice project, usefull piece of art.